Improving Child Health and Well-Being: Creating Opportunities for all Ohio Children to Thrive
Online Event - Click here to register
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
11:00 am-12:30 pm
As the 2019 Health Value Dashboard illustrates, too many Ohioans face obstacles to health, which are often rooted in childhood conditions and experiences. This forum will discuss the impact of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) on Ohioans including recent effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Attendees will learn about the biological impact of ACEs and trauma; best practices for screening, treatment and prevention; and considerations for Ohio’s response to ACEs in the midst of the pandemic.
- Deena Chisolm, PhD, Director of the Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice, Abigail Wexner Research Institute, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- LeeAnne Cornyn, Director of Children’s Initiatives, Office of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine
- Lynanne Gutierrez, Esq., Policy Director & Legal Counsel, Groundwork Ohio
- Sara Johnson, MPH, PhD, Director, General Academic Pediatrics Fellowship, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Kenneth R. Yeager PhD, LISW-S, LICDC, Associate Professor, The Ohio State University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health