To assist in your job search within Ohio, visit the Management Council Ohio Education Computer Network JOBS-L List to search for openings by month. This site is the premier source for searching for state-wide job openings and is used by many districts and updated regularly so visit the site often.
Need some practical tips on resumes, cover letters, job search sites, and interviews, click here to download the Job Tips for School Counselors resource put out by ASCA. It is a comprehensive document with a wealth of knowledge for any person searching for a school counselor position.
The following Job Postings have been shared with OSCA:
Position Title: Tenure-track faculty member in the CACREP-accredited School of Intervention Services in the area of Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling. Bowling Green State University.
Primary Function: Teaching, scholarship and service in the area of Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling with major responsibility for school counselor preparation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach graduate level courses in counseling, and supervision of practicum and internship.
2. Provide leadership in master’s level counselor preparation in the program of Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling through teaching, professional service, and research.
3. Take an active role in the recruitment and retention of graduate students.
4. Serve as a consultant to various schools and community agencies in the university service area.
5. Provide leadership to professional counselors.
6. Maintain a systematic record of research productivity.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities normally associated with faculty appointments in a major university.
1. Doctoral degree in counselor education from a CACREP-accredited program is required to complete by August 2019 for probationary appointment as Assistant Professor.
2. Licensure as a Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed School Counselor.
3. Experience as a School Counselor.
4. Demonstrated commitment to scholarly activities including: research investigations, publications, presentations at professional conferences, and grant writing.
5. Documentation of effective teaching.
6. Experience and expertise in school counseling is required.
Rank and Salary: Assistant Professor. Salary is commensurate with level of experience.
Effective Date of Employment: August 2019
Review of Application Begins: Application deadline is November 2, 2018. Complete job description and instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU
From our office in Columbus, Ohio, the Manager of Counseling Services will establish processes and procedures to implement a high quality school counseling program in the virtual school. The Manager of Counseling Services will provide direction to the counseling staff and will assist students and parents in understanding and meeting graduation requirements, course selection and scheduling, post-secondary school planning, and crisis intervention. The Manager of Counseling Services will support the entire educational program of the school with special emphasis on the secondary school (grades 6 – 12). More information: https://re22.ultipro.com/CON1019/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C34E547B796DF1FB