Media RequestsTo speak with an Ohio School Counselor Association board member about a particular topic, contact one of the following individuals, who will put you in touch with an appropriate spokesperson for your topic. If you leave a voicemail message or send an e-mail message, please be sure to leave information about how soon your deadline is so we are able to get back to you in time to meet your needs.
Alison Hooper, Administrative Assistant
866-230-1042 ext. 1
Eileen McGarvey, President
866-230-1042 ext. 2
Susan Boggs, Government Relations Chair
866-230-1042 ext. 4
The Ohio School Counselor Association is committed to supporting higher education professionals, counseling students and school-counselor friendly organizations in research efforts that help create greater understanding of the impact of school counseling upon student success. OSCA has made a commitment to provide support to researchers and is able to provide the following supports:
Please note that while OSCA is dedicated to supporting research efforts, we also take the privacy of our membership serious and will not directly supply anyone with contact information of our membership. Any communication must come through the association.
- email communication of surveys or other requests to members sent through the association
- promotion of research and/or findings on the website, newsletters and/or email updates
- additional services deemed appropriate upon request
To have your research request considered, the following items must be submitted to the University Relations Chair, Dr. Steve Rainey, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Prior to offering any support, the University Relations Chair and President will review the nature of the request to determine the appropriateness of OSCA's involvement.
- Explanation of Research and Support Requested
- Copy of Survey
- Copy of University IRB Approval
- Copy of Informed Consent Document
- Credentials of Researcher
- Credentials of Dissertation Director (for student research only)