Click here to download an application!
To help future Ohio school counselors fulfill their educational goals, the Ohio School Counselor Association offering two (2) $1000 OSCA Graduate Student Scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students who meet the following qualifications:
- currently enrolled in a master’s school counselor program in the state of Ohio (note that students enrolled in online programs are not eligible to apply unless the online program is run through an Ohio university/college);
- completed at least six (6) semester hours of graduate work (note that students currently enrolled in their final semester and preparing to graduate are not eligible to apply);
- maintains an active student membership with the Ohio School Counselor Association.
Completed applications with supporting documents must be postmarked by April 30, 2014 and mailed to the OSCA office at: Ohio School Counselor Association, P.O. Box 1445, Dublin, OH 43017. Incomplete/late applications or those determined to not meet the above criteria will not be considered. Past OSCA Graduate Student Scholarship recipients are not eligible.
The application must include the following:
- Completed scholarship application form (see below);
- A typewritten essay of no more than one double-spaced page answering the following question: "How do school counselors utilize leadership, advocacy and collaboration to effect systemic change in schools to maximize student success?";
- Copy of official graduate school transcript showing a minimum of six (6) completed credit hours;
- Professional letter of support written by a current academic advisor or professor;
Students selected to receive the scholarship will have funds disbursed prior to the start of the Fall 2013 semester.
Questions regarding the graduate scholarship can be directed to Shawn Grime at firstname.lastname@example.org.